I've completely rewritten the back and front ends of my website.
My old website theme was based off of one of the first desktop themes that I used. I didn't have any other idea to base a website design for myself off of. And there is no way I'd ever use a stock website template. Unfortunately since it was based off a desktop theme it wasn't the best design for people to read posts from. Even after I dropped the 'wine' color scheme from the blog people still had trouble.
When I wrote the old website I also tried to keep programming and personal stuff separate in an attempt to separate a personal website from a portfolio for work. Unfortunately I never added much content and this lead to a confusing mess of multiple domains, broken analytics, and the inability to use my homepage as an authorship page.[Read more...]